Thursday, August 26, 2010

Standing!

This will be short. It's almost eleven, and that's way too late to be awake. I remember a different lifestyle... I tried to write earlier, but the clicking of the keyboard was just too tempting for Mazin. Last night we were on a family outing in Bristol, listening to the town band playing show tunes. We had our picnic blanket out and a tomato and mozzarella salad, and some oatmeal for Mazin. He was more interested in the instruments. He kept crawling off toward the gazebo where the band was playing. It was quite cute. Then he discovered the game of standing on his own. We'd let go of his hands, and he would practice balancing, looking down at his feet, then up at us, then side to side, shifting his weight back and forth a little. Then he would collapse to the ground and giggle. It was so fun to watch--I'm sure it was fun to do! I think the record is about eight seconds now. Maybe he'll be walking by his first birthday...

No comments: