
We have grabbage! Mazin is 11 weeks old today, and he has mastered the grab. He started with his own fists, one clasped to the other as if in fervent prayer. (For all I know, he can still talk to God, being so recently hatched from the womb of life.) Then he graduated to grabbing locks of hair--my hair. Ouch. I think twice before putting on earrings now. I think they would be pretty irresistible. With dangling toys, it started with punching. He would look left, then his right fist would strike the wooden bird with a bell. Testing those synapses. Now he can actually grab the toy. It might be accidental, but he is certainly trying. As Steve said, it's trial and error at this point. It is so mesmerizing to watch him develop. I rejoice in his little triumphs. I egg him on. I can only imagine what it's like to see your 8-year-old score a soccer goal or sing a solo. What pride, what wonder. Pride, because you know you played some small role; wonder, because you know it's mostly one big miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment