Monday, March 21, 2016
Pedal bike!
About a week ago--let's call it St. Patrick's Day--I got out the little pedal bike Mazin learned on and gave it to Layla. She was quite excited to try, and determined to master the art of starting, pedaling, and braking. The process was smooth and rather painless... so far. No road rash yet. (It helps to learn in the spring when long pants and shirts are still the norm.) She learned on the same stretch of road Mazin learned on: a long dirt driveway that leads back to the sugarbush. Only a couple of potholes this year. I am impressed with how long she'll keep at it. She is one determined little person! And fearless, as usual. Meanwhile, Mazin is reading better and better every day and impresses me constantly with the words he can sound out. It won't be long until he's reading chapter books on his own. I fantasize about Saturday mornings reading all together as a family... our own separate books. I know, strange fantasy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment