Friday, October 9, 2015
Kindergarten
I was a little shocked by how smooth the transition to kindergarten was for Mazin. His head hits the pillow a little harder every night (and a little earlier), but other than that the adjustment seemed easy. I know it helps that his school is very small with a strong sense of community. I love to ask him about his day and find out what his favorite activities were. Yesterday it was a tie between "math equations" and recess. (Recess is always a front-runner.) I love picking him up and getting a little window into his day. Sometimes he's still playing soccer when I drive up, and sometimes I get to take a look at some of the things his class has created. On Wednesday I got a tour of the nature sculptures they made. They were beautiful, ephemeral little creations of spontaneous artwork in the woods behind the school. On Thursday he emerged from one of the out-buildings covered in clay. What a world of new experiences he will continue to encounter... Makes me hunger for those new experiences, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment