Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The singer and the artist

I'm noticing some changes in the kids. Layla just started two days per week in daycare, and so suddenly I am her favorite person in the world. She was never clingy before, but now she calls for me a lot and wants to be held more than usual. Normally it's sweet, but I am not a big fan of cooking with only one arm, which has been happening a lot! I'm hoping this phase will pass as she adjusts to going to Gerri's house. Layla has also started to sing quite a bit, which is interesting, as Mazin has never been much of a singer. He does like the "Batman smells" version of "Jingle Bells," though, which he has taught to Layla. (She really likes the line, "Robin laid an egg.") It's pretty funny. Other favorite songs of hers are "Little bird, little bird" and "Itsy bitsy spider." There isn't anything cuter than the sound of her singing a song. Meanwhile, I have noticed a change in Mazin's artwork in the past couple of months. He has made the leap to realistic representations of people, houses, and other things. If you walk him through step by step, he can draw many things, but he also has a repertoire of objects he can draw on his own. Interestingly, they include guns and tanks. (Not sure where that came from!) Time to post some artwork!

No comments: