Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Number Two

We had a second birthday around here a few days ago, and Layla was the life of the party, as usual, although she sobered up quite suddenly when the cake and candles were placed before her. I guess it took her by surprise. She also seemed a little concerned to see everyone staring at and singing to her out of the blue. I guess she's just so accustomed to sharing the spotlight with her brother that it seemed strange to suddenly have the stage. Mazin had to help her blow out her candles, or she might have simply stared until they burned down to the icing and extinguished themselves. No one managed to catch her hand before she touched the hot wax, unfortunately, so her slice of cake was sprinkled with a few tears. It was a little sad. But I think the presents made up for it. She was quite excited about the ride-on ladybug and the wooden eggs, in particular. But mostly, I think she just loved having all of her favorite people in the house paying attention to her.

I love seeing this same scene played out at the first and second birthday parties:




No comments: