Tuesday, February 18, 2014

No more mullet

I'm posting this photo of Layla's mullet in all its glory, so we can make her groan in mortification when she's a teenager. The mullet was really getting to be a distraction. I couldn't help myself--I just had to trim it off! I figured youtube videos of puppies playing would hold her attention for long enough, and I was right... except that the clips of adorable, romping retrievers and labs was set to upbeat xylophone music, and Layla was of course compelled to chair dance. It's pretty tough to snip the hair of a bouncing baby! But I managed not to butcher the job, and she is no longer an Eighties baby. Her new looks makes her even more adorable than before (see below). She really is a beautiful child. I have been struck lately by just how lovely my children really are, inside and out.


1 comment:

p kiewit said...

just reading your posts and seeing your great pics of the children
grandpa Kiewit