I just realized that I haven't written anything about Layla since her birthday! And I'm afraid that what I write now might sound negative, but it must be said, for posterity, that Layla is currently more than a handful. I cannot walk away from her or even turn my back for 30 seconds, because the child is literally climbing the walls. Her goal in life is to stand on top of the dining room table. Our house looks like a disaster area, because we have to either put all the chairs on top of the tables and counters or lay them flat on the ground so she doesn't climb them. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have a hard, tile floor. Also, I don't think the situation would be so egregious if she could go outside. But it's been below zero for several days, and we just can't go anywhere. So she is attempting to make a jungle gym out of our furniture. The plus is that she has learned to climb in and out of the Learning Tower all by herself! It's pretty amazing to watch.
Oh, and she is weaned. I can't remember if it was just after or just before her first birthday, and I can't remember the last time we nursed, because I didn't know it would be the last time. I do remember it was a frustrating experience for her--too time consuming and not enough to show for the effort. I guess she just figured it wasn't worth it anymore. She simply never "asked" for it again. I was glad, because I was feeling ready, but of course part of me was a little sad, too. I kind of thought my second child might nurse a little longer than my first one did. It is such a sweet way to connect, after all. But Layla is constantly returning to my lap for cuddles, so I don't miss out on the snuggling time.
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment