Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In the groove

We seem to be in a good groove these days... Mazin is settling in to some new patterns, like falling to sleep without mom or dad by his side and expanding his palette. Two days ago he ate a bowl full of spinach with salad dressing. (I did NOT see that one coming!) He still picks "green stuff" out of his food, though. Where's the logic in that? Oh yeah, I forgot--logic does not apply when you are two. I don't have a major thought to guide this blog entry, just a desire to record some memories so they won't be lost to time. Mazin saying, "I luf you too, mama." Asking for a kiss to "feel me better" after a fall. Loving to hug and snuggle. (I wonder when he will stop letting me cuddle him close. I can't imagine not doing that.) Playing Angry Birds by himself and showing me how to work the iphone when I get confused. (!) Listening nicely and actually obeying me when I tell him to put down the candy at the grocery checkout. Following Lukas around and mimicking his every move. Having almost no accidents in his big-boy underwear. Trying to retell stories that I've made up for him, especially his favorite one about a storm in the forest full of animals and Prince Mazin who saves the day by negotiating with the rain god. (He always starts with, "Once upon a time...") Being afraid of the sound of rain in the middle of the night. Finishing the phrases on every page of Fox in Soxs. Cultivating the beginnings of a dinosaur obsession.

No comments: