Friday, June 17, 2011

No more bad hair days

Yep, Mazin got his first trim.  I wanted to use the electric clippers, but he screamed.  Probably because the loud buzzing was drowning out Curious George.  Yes, I bribed him with a popsicle and an episode of his favorite show.  You got a better idea for cutting the hair of a two year old?  So when the buzzer didn't work, I had to get some scissors.  The only sharp ones we have are fabric scissors.  Very big and clunky, and sharp enough to remove an ear.  That made me nervous, but we got through it OK.  It all lasted about two minutes, given how little hair Mazin actually had.  We figured it was time... He was started to get mistaken for a girl pretty regularly, and Nanna had already commented on his disheveled appearance.  For some reason I was reluctant to alter his body in any way.  He came out so beautiful and perfect, I didn't want to mar his perfection.  Now he looks like the little boy that he is.  I miss his wispy mullet, but I like the new clean-cut Mazin.  Maybe now his table manners will improve.

No comments: