Monday, September 27, 2010

One






My baby turned one this past weekend! We threw a big party, which I regretted about two hours before it started, when the grill broke down and the house was still a mess. But when all of our friends and family were gathered in a circle singing to Mazin, I was so glad to be sharing the moment. I am so grateful for our wonderful community. Thankfully, Mazin prepped for the party with an epic afternoon nap, which made him game for just about anything. He even liked John's experimental apple cake, which had only a little sugar and no frosting. He was at his very cutest, indeed. Such a little man. Micah and Lukas helped him open his presents, which were cute and wonderful. Highlights included a set of Arabic alphabet blocks and a real big-boy drum from Nanna! Lots of toys and clothes in between. Uncle Steve also wrote something wonderful to be read as we planted the placenta in the blueberry patch. The piece of my body that connected my son and me is now part of the earth. That is more meaningful than I imagined. Thank you everyone for making Mazin's first birthday party so wonderful!

No comments: