Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Opposable!


This will be a quick one, but I just wanted to get something more positive up here. The last couple of entries are so depressing! It's still a challenge being back to work, but I'm taking some vacation time in order to leave early and get home before Mazin becomes distraught. I'll get home at 3:30, shower him with affection, give him the boob, take him in the bath, read him a story, and do whatever else he wants until bedtime. We'll do that for as long as it takes him to get used to my absence two days per week. I think he'll be able to adjust. He just needs more time.

Meanwhile, the big news is that he is sucking his thumb! It's still a little small to totally satisfy, so sometimes he gets an index finger in there, too, for good measure, but he is on his way... Maybe I'm supposed to see this as a bad thing (more than one parent has assured me that enormous orthodontic bills loom), but I am happy for him. He seems to get so much satisfaction from that thumb. Sometimes he even realizes it's opossable, too, which is even more exciting. So much to grab! I celebrate his small victories.

This photo is a month old, but so cute! Mazin loves singing backup.

No comments: