So it's February, and this is Vermont, so that means it's really, really cold outside. Really cold. And I'm really, really bored inside. Really bored. But to go out would be to freeze, and I'd rather be bored than freezing cold. So I came up with the perfect solution to my problem: blog! I'll blog. Everybody's doing it, right? You don't even have to say anything too intelligent or deep. You only have to be just the slightest bit narcissistic to think that your ramblings might be of interest to someone, somewhere, out THERE. Actually, this is quite cool. Much cooler than a journal, which is entirely silly, if you ask me. (I only say that because I have never been consistent enough to keep one.) It makes me feel better about myself to judge others. Am I alone in this? Okay, in the spirit of full disclosure (what is it about a blog that makes you want to tell all?) I will present a list of things I'm willing to admit today:
1. I don't really like what I'm doing with my life right now.
2. I envy my friends.
3. I covet my neighbor's wife. No, wait... I mean, I covet my neighbor's job.
4. I sometimes self-medicate with chocolate.
5. I'd rather drink coffee than exercise in the morning.
6. I fear that I'm too lazy to be an activist.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's my list:
1. Today I've spent more time looking at other people's blogs than I have doing what I "should" be doing.
2. I'm thinking that everyone else's life is more interesting and productive than my own. Which leads to #1 on the list...
3. I definitely consumed too much chocolate today. No doubt. Ugh.
4. I'm planning to go running tomorrow. Not just because it's good for me. Because I want to work off all that chocolate.
5. I'm thinking about what I'll eat for breakfast after I come back from my run.
6. I'd like to start my own blog, but I'm worried my narcissistic fantasies will be crushed.
Post a Comment