Two weeks ago my boy turned four! He was thrilled with the party--and the presents, of course. It's an interesting phase we're going through right now. He is much more willful and difficult to manage, at times, but so very sweet and cooperative at other times. I have to work on just accepting his behavior and letting him express his four-year-old nature. I have to constantly remind myself that logic does not work with him--he is simply not capable of logical thinking yet. I often find myself wishing I didn't have to do all of the adult things that cramp his style, like cajoling him to eat healthy food; teaching him to clean up his messes; and reminding him that proceeding directly to the potty when you feel like a poop, instead of trying to hold it in, will prevent said poop from ending up in your pants. I wish I could just immerse myself in his universe and let someone else be the Heavy.Layla, meanwhile, is a total riot. She's got walking completely in the bag, and loves to toddle around with an object in each hand. Usually it's legos, but the last couple of days she's had a crush on Mazin's markers. It is too adorable. Yesterday I spent some time outside with her, watching the beautiful leaves blow around in the air and passing them back and forth. This is such a beautiful, magical age. I'm often glad that her mobility and curiosity make it impossible for me to multitask when I'm on duty. It's best just to sit and be with her. No other goal; no other task.

No comments:
Post a Comment