Friday, June 7, 2013

Double Nap


I just have to report that both of my children are napping at the same time, so I don't forget that the stars did align in this wondrous manner--at least once. It is such an awesome, beautiful, wonderful thing... that almost never happens. I took them both upstairs to lie down in my bed, and both of them kind of crawled on me and fiddled with my hair and gnawed or poked various parts of my body, but eventually they settled down, and all of a sudden: double-snooze! The nap was my idea--because I was tired and I wanted a rest. But now look who's awake (but very tired) and tap tap tapping on the keyboard instead! Oh well. I've never been a good daytime sleeper. Now I'm sitting at the computer staring out the window at my neglected garden, turning my back on the messy room, avoiding the dirty kitchen. Some days I get super manically motivated, and I manage to stay one step ahead of my kids, picking up everything behind them and refusing to cede power to entropy. Today is not one of those days. Today I couldn't give a rat's ass. My kids are both napping, and I'm just going to sit here and listen to the quiet.

P.S. Also for the record, I love my children just as much when they are awake.

No comments: