Thursday, October 20, 2011
"My Mama Wuv"
Those were Mazin's last words to me tonight before he fell asleep. Yep, it was pretty awesome. We had just finished the book Llama llama mad at mama, the final line of which is, "Llama llama loves his mama." I think he really identifies with the protagonist in this book, a naughty but loving little llama who throws a tantrum in the supermarket. (Hmmm, sounds familiar...) I've been trying to get him to say, "I love you mama" for so long, and he's finally done it! In his own way. His grammar is so interesting--the word order is always unconventional. For example, he always says, "Read again da book," although he usually puts his verbs at the end of his sentences. So much talking now, and over the past month he has surprised me with a huge vocabulary. He just keeps pulling out new words when I least expect it. Pretty great trick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment