Thursday, February 10, 2011


I feel like a bad blogger, because Mazin "said" his first "word" a month ago, and I never wrote about it. I wasn't really his first word, because he's said "ba" and "da" for a while now (ball and dog), as well as mama and dada. But this time it was so unexpected and deliberate. We were in Susan's kitchen and Lukas had a stuffed kitten he showed to Mazin. Mazin squealed with delight and said something that was clearly an attempt at "kitty." I give him credit, just because "k" is such a hard sound. For a couple of weeks he was all over it, saying it at any opportunity, and also ball and dog. But the novelty seems to have worn off. He is too busy scaling walls and bounding over tall buildings to work on language. We have pretty good nonverbal communication going on, so I think he just figures, what's the point? But the amount he understands is truly astounding. Basically, as long as he knows the vocabulary, he knows what's going on. It's actually a really refreshing thing to be able to explain something to him, and for him to get it. It's late and I need to sleep--I'll punch the mommy clock at 6:30 am. Just wanted to record the first-word milestone before too many more weeks went by. Stay tuned for more words!

No comments: