Monday, June 21, 2010

Cruising


Mazin is now frighteningly fast on all fours, but I have a feeling he'll go bipedal fairly soon. If I had to guess, I'd say before his first birthday. But I don't really know how these things go. He is VERY interested in pulling himself up wherever possible, mostly on the couch, the large window in the living room, and the rocking chair in the dining room. I love to watch his moods shift and change. In the mornings, he seems to like alone-time in the living room with his toys, which is great, because I really appreciate having a few quiet minutes to make my tea and breakfast in the kitchen. I peer in on him now and then, to make sure he isn't scaling the walls or eating the Norfolk pine, but he doesn't even look up at me. He's too busy examining the wooden blocks that were such a bore the night before. Funny boy. In the afternoons he demands a little more effort--some time in the grass, a walk, or an outing. The blocks definitely do not cut it in the afternoon. It's as if he needs constant input to feed his developing brain, and plenty of novelty. I also suspect he has inherited my propensity for boredom. In the evenings, he usually gets slap-happy, giggling easily but threatening to get his fuss on if dinner goes too late and we miss his prime bedtime. I feel like I could write pages about all the nuances in between, about this little personality starting to emerge. I will try to make the time... Mazin deserves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, he'll be running real soon. Standing at the couch was a fav today. Did you see him climb the stairs? Beware, he's fast & good at it!