Saturday, April 17, 2010

Milestones


Sorry--I figure if I waste too much time trying to think up a witty title for each post, I'll never write very much. Nap time is almost over as it is. I also need to stop waiting until I feel I have something deep to say to sit down and post on this blog. This time, I just want to mark some developmental milestones. Mazin is about a week away from his 7th month on our side of the great divide, and he is really starting to figure it all out. Babbling like crazy (mostly with his tongue sticking out), doing lots of up-dog position on his belly, sitting up unassisted, and pulling toys out of his toy basket. (He hasn't figured out how to put them back yet.) He really just wants to engage, engage, engage. It must be exhausting. The only time he seems truly at rest is when he's asleep or nursing, and even then, he'll often wiggle, writhe, and moan, as if he resents being tethered to the boob for even a few minutes. Ah, but he does love the boob! We tried giving him regular food for a couple of weeks--a little something every day, but after a bout of serious constipation, we decided to hold off for a while longer. He seems to have lost interest in our plates for the time being, anyway. He's too busy exploring and gaining control over his body. It is so lovely to watch.

No comments: