Swepwit baby ultrasound at 20 weeks from Jennifer Kiewit on Vimeo.
Part of me wishes we didn't have the ultrasound option. Now, whenever I think about the baby, talk to it, or envision what it is experiencing inside me, the glowing, blue, ethereal being I met onscreen comes immediately to mind. There is less imagining now. On the other hand, I like how real and surprisingly personal the experience was. I could see its little mouth, nose, eyes, and hands--such important conveyors of emotion. Before the ultrasound, I thought of the baby as an extension of me. Now, I perceive it as a totally separate being who has taken up residence in my body. I want to hold it, but realize I couldn't hold it any closer than I already am. I can't wait to see this being in the flesh! How do I tolerate the suspense?
No comments:
Post a Comment